Wednesday, January 11, 2017

#WorthRevisit: Saint Perpetua and Felicity

I have been sucked into the bullet journal craze recently and I will be sharing my special faith page layouts and other ways I have decided to utilize this great organizing system to help me grow my faith. While I have been contemplating these things, I thought I would share a post from the archives about two saints that always revamp my dedication to my prayer journal and planners. Here is my #WorthRevisit with Theology is a Verb and Reconciled to You:

Monday, March 7, 2016

Saint Perpetua and Felicity

Monday already!

Wow... My family has an insane week ahead of us! Football and Soccer start this week for All Star and Goalie. I am waiting on the soccer schedule but football is 4 days a week! All Star also has Picture Day and a Reading Goal party to attend this week. So while I wait for the rest of our scheduling to fall into place for this month, I REALLY need to clean out our vehicles, sanitize all the team sports gear and pack one of the vehicles with seats, blankets and the sports gear :) Its going to be a fun day because, of course I waited until the day before everything starts to get this accomplished. At least I will easily complete one of my 40 bags today for Lent. 

Moving forward... today is the feast of Saint Perpetua and Felicity. They have a wonderful animated movie that portrays the story of these two amazing Saints. If you click the link above you will be taken to a website where you can purchase the movie and find some great resources for today, including coloring pages, word search, games and other fun activities. 

Personally, Saint Perpetua is renowned for the journal she left behind after she was martyred. She started the journal while she was imprisoned and it was completed by a friend after her death. I think today would be a good day to start a prayer journal. Or renew your commitment to write in your prayer journal you already have... I will be renewing my commitment to write in my journal to at least 3-5 times a week. As of right now, I haven't written in my prayer journal since Advent! 

Another good activity for today would be to visit a zoo. Saint Perpetua and Felicity were thrown to wild animals in an open arena. Point out the animals that would have been in the arena with them and explain how dangerous those animals are, they are in cages and have large spaces between them and you to keep everyone safe. We haven't been to the zoo in quite awhile so I will have to plan an outing soon. Using a Zoo Passport could help keep the focus on finding animals. You can find printable Zoo Passports on Pinterest and sometimes you can find them on your local zoo's website.

Saint Perpetua and Felicity are two saints that really touch my heart. They were both young mothers, like I was myself, and imagining the difficulty of sacrificing your life and giving up your child would certainly be difficult but they did all this graciously for God. I pray that God can give me a heart like these two saints. 

Reading the book Perpetua: A Bride, a Martyr, a Passion would be a wonderful addition to your Lenten journey. I will be heading to the library later today in search of this gem so I have something to read this evening after all the hustle and bustle of the day. My family should be learning some news about my husband's job sometime this week so I would greatly appreciate any prayers you could send our way. We are praying that we are staying on the path God has intended for us as a family.

"Stand fast in the faith, and love one another, and don't take offense at our suffering."
-- Saint Perpetua

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!