Monday, May 9, 2016

Menu Plan Monday 5/9-5/15

***This is for the weekly linkup called Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie.***



Here is a break down of our menu plan for the week. It is going to be a fun week full of celebration and fun! I have included some more crock pot recipes towards the end of this post. I would love to hear about how you and your family celebrate throughout the year.

Monday: Roasted Lemon Chicken and Vegetables

Tuesday: Moco Loco Couple's Breakfast
Hawaiian Luau Dinner:
Pulled Pork sandwich with coleslaw on sweet bread
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

Wednesday: Jambalaya

Thursday: Pasta Primavera

Friday: Portuguese Kale and White Bean Soup

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Powder donut Family Breakfast
Pentecost Celebration:
Paleo Shepherd's Pie
Red Velvet Birthday Cake

CrockPot Recipes for the Week:

Roasted Lemon Chicken and Vegetables


This is my oldest son's most favorite crock pot recipe. We probably end of eating this at least 2-3 times a month but I get requests for it ALL THE TIME! 

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts
2 cups baby carrots
2 onions sliced in 1/8ths
2 cups asparagus tips
2 cups diced red potatoes
1 lemon sliced in wheels
1 cup cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste 
Italian seasoning 
olive oil

Drizzle olive oil in the crockpot and place the lemon wheels as the bottom layer in the crock pot. Place the chicken breasts on top of them. Layer the different vegetables with seasoning, leaving the cherry tomatoes for on top. Drizzle the top with olive oil. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.

Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwiches


My husband is of Hawaiian decent and he LOVES Hawaiian food. We are having a Luau in honor of Saint Damien of Molokai because he is my dad's patron saint and we always have some yummy Hawaiian recipes to choose from. My husband requested this one though. The pork in this recipe can be substituted with chicken as well but the pork makes it more authentic!

Ingredients:
1 bottle of Marinade (BBQ, teriyaki or 16 ounces of a homemade tangy marinade)
1 Tablespoon Paprika
3-5 Pounds pork shoulder
1/2 Cup chicken broth/water
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup soy sauce
2 Onions sliced
1 Cup Shredded carrots
1 Can Crushed Pineapple
Salt and Pepper to taste
Hawaiian sweet rolls
Coleslaw

Place the onion and carrots on the bottom of the crock pot. Place the Pork Shoulder on top and pour the seasoning, brown sugar, marinade, soy sauce, crushed pineapple and broth on top. Cook on low 8-10 hours or longer. The longer the meat is in the slow cooker, the softer the meat and more flavorful. 

Place coleslaw on the Hawaiian Rolls and place pulled pork on top of the coleslaw. Enjoy!

Jambalaya

I have actually never made Jambalaya in the crock pot before and thought I would try the recipe above (Click the link). I have to admit though that I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly and I can already tell you that I plan on adding 2 Cups of frozen okra and serving the Jambalaya over quinoa versus rice! Let me know if you try out the recipe and if you changed anything. I am trying to add some more variety to our diets that is healthy and tasty.

Portuguese Kale and White Bean Soup

Here is another recipe I will be trying for the first time. Friday is the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima so i thought it would be neat to try out a Portuguese recipe in her honor. I prefer healthy options that are full flavor so we will see how the family responds to this. I will not be adding the bacon as suggested in the recipe. I feel that bacon often over powers light soups like this.

Well that is it! I hope you guys have some good recipes to try out this week and enjoy the ones I shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!