Sunday, May 1, 2016

Saint Catherine of Siena

I will probably be flooding my blog with the unfinished posts I have stacking up in my draft box this upcoming week! Just a warning! This week I should be able to get caught up and still with a couple blogs that I have been thinking about doing as well :)

This past Friday was the feast of Saint Catherine of Siena. She is the patron Saint of Italy, Fire Fighters and miscarriages. In honor of Saint Catherine I took the boys for haircuts since she is known for cutting her own hair to keep any man from wanting to marry her because she made a vow to completely dedicate herself to God. It was nice to be able to correlate the story of Saint Catherine with this act because I think these memories of celebrating our faith in our daily lives will ultimately be what my children use as they grow into young men of faith. I wish we could have gone to the Firefighter museum as well but as you can see in the background of Little Man's picture we received more snow and I am still not comfortable driving around in it. We were able to go to Swirly Cow for a frozen yogurt treat to celebrate Little Man's straight A's on his progress report and Goalie's great progress in therapy!





















Saint Catherine is such an inspiring saint and she wrote so many inspirational quotes. Some of my favorite are listed below:

"Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."

"The human heart is always drawn by love."

"Out of darkness is born the light"

"Love transforms one not what one loves."

"Start being brave about everything. Drive out darkness and spread light. Don't look at your weaknesses. Realize instead that in christ crucified you can do everything."

I love that I get a chance to learn more about these amazing saints as I teach my boys about the over abundance of love that God has for all of us and giving them examples of mean and women who did so much to help people realize the immensity of this love.

Saint Catherine, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!