Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel


Tuesday was the Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. I absolutely love all the special celebration I have with my children but the ones we have honoring Mary are my favorite!

To start the day we had some Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins. I think we always end up having some kind of blueberry something in honor of Mary. Little Man told me that we have to have blueberries for Mary because they are her favorite. Stuff like that makes my heart and soul soar :o) Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of those beautiful muffins... I did get a picture of the delicious Mount Carmel Meatball Subs we had topped with "carmel"ized onions. This dish was inspired from Catholic Cuisine. They always have so many creative and yummy ideas to bake! One day I will be way more organized and I will make one of the beautiful Our Lady of Mount Carmel Crown Cakes. I purchased a pound cake with icing to symbolize our crown cake as a substitute.

Last year I posted some information about the Brown Scapulars if you wanted to know how to enroll your scapulars on this special feast day. This Feast day would also be a good time to make a family tradition of praying the Rosary daily. I try to do it with my children often but I need to make it part of our daily routine.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!