Monday, September 12, 2016

Vegan for a Week {Take 2}


I am in need of a reset for my body. Over the summer my husband and I challenged each other to a Vegan for a Week Challenge. It is a great way to cleanse your body and renew your eating habits. I am really excited about this challenge and hope I can inspire you to give it a try. It is also the last "official" week of summer so I thought the timing was perfect!

 Here is our delicious menu for the week and we will still be celebrating the Liturgical Year even with my added dietary restrictions. Since this is a special week I will be sharing some recipes here in this post and I am still linking up with Menu Plan Monday

Monday: Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary
Quinoa Vegetable Wraps

Tuesday:
Black Beans and Rice (Maybe Walnut Taco Meat)

Crockpot Spaghetti Squash and Marinara

Thursday: Our Lady of Sorrows
Quinoa Pilaf with Peas and Almonds

Friday:
Basil Pest Pasta with Roasted Vegetables

Saturday: Serina's Wedding
Wedding Reception

Sunday:
Three Bean Chili

Breakfast:

Some great vegan options for breakfast include overnight oats, plain oatmeal with fresh fruit topping, fruit smoothie, toast with almond butter. I think for this challenge I will stick with fruit smoothies and plain oatmeal. I am a little tired of the overnight oats for now. I still need to get pumpkin puree to make those amazing pumpkin pie latte oats again!

Lunch:

Salads, wraps and vegetable soups make great lunches. Beans, Rice, Quinoa and Vegetables are stables of a Vegan diet and there are so many different combinations to create great meals. I have a friend that eats Vegan everyday and she always mentions great Vegan places to eat and recipes.

This is a late post so I have finished Day 1 of my Vegan for a Week Challenge successfully! If you decide to try this challenge out, it is a great way to detox your body and get a nice boost of nutrients into your body!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!