Monday, June 4, 2012

Style, Sex and Substance { My First Review}

I mentioned in my earlier post that I would be writing reviews for Tiber River. Well, here is my FIRST review! The book is called Style, Sex, & Substance. What an amazing book! Here is the review below.


Style, Sex, & Substance is a book that will help any Catholic woman take a meaningful look into her life and discusses the current issues that a twenty-first century Catholic woman may face. The book is divided into ten chapters that each has a separate focal point from women's lives, including single life, marriage and raising children. The focal points in each section are written in an easy to understand language by ten different women that convey their spiritual growth through their everyday experiences in a contemplative and humorous way. Although you are reading from a book, you are drawn in quickly with the personal stories and the intimacy and honesty will make you feel like you are having a heart-to- heart with a close friend.
For me personally, the subjects discussed are definitely topics that I ponder in my own heart. I could personally relate to the stories of struggle and faith. The insight I received from this book made me ask myself questions about aspects in my own spiritual journey and what I will do to progress. This book challenges the reader to grow mentally and spiritually while still incorporating your everyday life. The routine aspects of your life will be shown to you in a new light and you will realize that there is nothing ordinary about any woman or the journey God has personally chosen for you. The areas of reflection were my favorite part and I was quite surprised about what I learned about myself from each reflection. I know I will be reading this book again and I hope that every woman takes the chance to read this amazing book. Once you start reading you will not be able to put the book down and the knowledge gained will be priceless!

I wrote this review of  Sex, Style, & Substance for the Tiber River Catholic Book review program created by Aquinas and More Catholic Goods. Tiber River is the first Catholic book review site, started in 2000 to help you make informed decisions about Catholic book purchases. I receive free product samples as compensation for writing reviews for Tiber River

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!