Sunday, March 13, 2016

Spring Football 2016

I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am that we found a Spring Football team for Little Man. He LOVES football! We just paid for his jersey and decals for his helmet this past week. Practices began this past week and we have been really jumbled with all the change and transition we have had going on this past month. Little Man is still finding his place on this new team but I have faith that this season will be a life-changing one for all of us.

New Coach. New Team. New Friends. New Challenges.

I want my children to be dreamers. I want God to open their hearts to be what he has called them to be and that they know they can do anything with him by their sides.  I have always been a prodigal daughter. I have fought my faith and God's direction several times in my life. I have been a wanderer more times than I would like to admit. I do not want that for my children because I want their faith to be a strong bond that keeps them grounded.

Sports have always been a way for God to work through me and my children. We have made amazing friends and made amazing friendships. My son has learned about dedication, handwork, discipline and how to work as a team. Saint Sebastian is the patron saint of athletes and I ask him to watch over Little Man in every practice, scrimmage and game. 


Dear Commander at the Roman Emperor’s Court, you chose to be also a soldier of Christ and dared to spread faith in the King of Kings – for which you were condemned to die. Your body, however, proved athletically strong and the executing arrows extremely weak. So another means to kill you was chosen and you gave your life to the Lord. May athletes be always as strong in their faith as their Paton Saint so clearly has been. Amen

This is my favorite picture of Little Man from his last season in Florida. His first touchdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!