Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Menu Plan Monday: 7/18-7/24


Unfortunately, there will be no link up to Menu Plan Monday for the next two weeks... but I wanted to share my menu with everyone anyway and start this week on a good healthy foot! That being said I had TONS of chili leftover from our Feast of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha. I had to find some ways to use it and I chose some super yummy ideas that aren't so healthy but it's ok to have a cheat day here and there! I would love to hear about what is on your menu this week in the comments. Here is our menu for this week.

Monday:
Breakfast: Honey Vanilla Pineapple Overnight Oats
Lunch: Chili-Mac
Dinner: Chili fries

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Honey Vanilla Pineapple Overnight Oats
Lunch: Garden Salad
Dinner: Ratatouille

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Honey Vanilla Pineapple Oats
Lunch: Garden Salad
Dinner: Barbecue Crockpot Chicken

Thursday:
Breakfast: Honey Vanilla Pineapple Oats
Lunch:Three Bean Salad
Dinner: Leftover/ Sandwich Night

Friday: Feast of Saint Mary Magdalene
Breakfast: Egg Sandwich
Lunch: Three Bean Salad
Dinner: "Mary"land crab cakes with Grilled Vegetables

Saturday: Feast of Saint Bridget of Sweden
Breakfast: Protein Pancakes
Lunch: Out For Lunch
Dinner: Healthy Swedish Meatballs with Cauliflower Rice

** I have never tried this recipe before and I am not shy to say that I am nervous but excited to try this healthy spin on an authentic Swedish recipe. I also have no experience making cauliflower rice so send me some prayers that I don't end up creating mashed cauliflower instead! I will update everyone with modifications of other ideas I have on this dish once we try it. Do you know any authentic Swedish dinner ideas?**

Sunday: 
Breakfast: Breakfast Bowl: Scrambled eggs, potatoes, peppers and onions with cheese
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Garlic Shrimp Pasta

Honey Vanilla Pineapple Overnight Oats:


These overnight oats taste like pineapple upside down cake! You could probably add some cherry to enhance that yummy last too! I have posted about overnight oats in my previous Vegan for a Week Challenge but I decided to try out a new flavor combination this week. As you can tell, I am partial to Peanut Butter Banana Oats most of the time. Here is the recipe I used to make these delicious morning oats!

1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats (Do not use steel cut or quick oats)
1/2 Cup Almond milk
1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt 
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 Cup Crushed Pineapple

If you are interested in a vegan style you can omit the greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract and replace it with a dairy free vanilla/ honey yogurt.

Add all the ingredients into a mason jar or container with lid of your choosing. Place the lid on tight and shake for 30-45 sec and put in the refrigerator overnight! Super easy and you have a quick grab and go meal for work or just something easy to eat with less mess to start your day

***This is for the weekly linkup called Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie and also for Let's Get Real Friday Party at Juggling Real Food and Real Life***

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica - This looks like a great menu plan. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I really enjoy the Let's Get Real Linkup Party.

      Delete

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!