Wednesday, July 27, 2016

#WorthRevisit: Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity

With the ending of the summer approaching and Vacation Bible School sessions going on all over the place, I felt a pull to share memories from Little Man's first time experiencing this faith strengthening fun. This year our parish was not hosting a Vacation Bible School and I have to admit I was really sad. VBS always seems like a necessary part of our summer. Thankfully Holy Heroes is hosting their Summer Faith Adventure and we start our session August 1st! If you are looking for something to inspire yourself and your children, I highly recommend giving this online program a try and join us on our Faith Adventure. You can find more info and can ask questions through my Facebook Event here. Let's end this summer on a high note and make sure we have enriched our children and families as we head into a new month, a school year and all the new adventures that we are heading towards.



Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity {Day 1}:

Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity Vacation Bible School started today and Little Man was excited to have something to do for the entire week! As I mentioned in an earlier post, it has been raining non-stop this past week (there is a town not too far away that has declared a local state of emergency, so please keep the Gulf Coast in your prayers). I am so thrilled that our church is continuing with their lesson plans from last year's VBS. Last years the theme was Hometown Nazareth: Where Jesus was a Kid and this years theme is Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity. Hometown Nazareth was an eye-opening experience for Little Man. He knows many stories about Jesus and his life but the idea that "Jesus was a kid like me"was a concept that had never entered his mind before. I was relieved Little Man remembered the amazing experience he had last year woke up excited, knowing he had a great day ahead of him. Another reason I really enjoy the depiction of these Vacation Bible Studies is because it incorporates an abundance of arts and crafts while exposing the children to new songs and music.We still have several refrigerator magnets from last year and I hope we have more to add by the end of the week. I wish Squishy was old enough to participate in this religious program, he gets lonely without his big brother around the house for several hours.

I love that Little Man can describe his entire experience and relates it to how we try to live our lives. The first thing he asked me after his first day at VBS was, "Mommy, did you know when things change, God is always with us?!" I thought this was a great lesson for him to be learning at this particular time in his life. I felt like God was truly speaking to him (and our family) because Little Man has expressed some concern about our move. I have to admit I was raised a military brat and this move is already making me a nervous wreck. Finding a new home, school and church from such a long distance with little time... not exactly my idea of fun. Although, the excitement of a new adventure in a new place with new experiences and knowing God has a plan for us helps calm and reassures me that this is the best thing for our family.

Here are a few crafts and original artwork from Little Man today! As you can see... he loves color! I hope he is ready to help create our front door wreath and some Sacred and Immaculate Heart T-shirts sometime this week. We are also attending story time at our local library and picking up some books from our book list. There will also be a celebration in the evening for the library celebrating its 10 year anniversary! I will have some more on those activities tomorrow.I am going to wrap this up so I can get back to snuggle time with Squishy. We are watching The Little Engine that Could, his absolute favorite movie! Little Man is in bed early in preparation of Day 2 of VBS. I hope everyone is finding some great adventures to have with your families during this summer. I will leave you with a cute snuggle picture of me and my Squishy baby.

God Bless!


You can check out the following information on the rest of Vacation Bible School:
Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity {Day 2}
Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity {Day 3, 4, 5}

I have linked this to Theology is a Verb and Reconciled to You

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!