Monday, July 11, 2016

Menu Plan Monday: 7/11-7/17


Clean eating is the only good thing I have been doing lately. I have allowed myself to fall off the running and exercise wagon pretty hard this past month. I honestly think the only reason I haven't put on the 10 pounds I recently lost is because I have been keeping LOTS and I mean HUGE amounts of vegetables in my recipes lately! Well after reading an exhilarating and motivational post about why July is a good month to Make Healthy Changes, I am ready to jump back on the wagon and get this right. Fingers crossed I hold on a little tighter and make some more good healthy habits!

Breakfast: Egg Sandwich
Lunch: Leftover Mexican Spaghetti Squash
Dinner: Benedict Cross Mini Pizzas

**Healthier ideas for the pizza are in my new post about Saint Benedict checkout my old post here**

Tuesday
Breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Lunch: Vegetables and Quinoa
Dinner: Crockpot Kielbasa Dinner

Wednesday
Breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
Lunch: Sub sandwiches
Dinner: Turkey Burger Cookout

Thursday: Feast Saint Kateri Tekakwitha 
Breakfast: Fruit and Yogurt
Lunch: Saint Kateri Picnic on a Nature Trail
Dinner: Turkey Chili and cornbread

** Checkout my older posts about Saint Kateri here and here and If you are feeling adventurous try this recipe for Firewater Chili**

Friday: Feast of Saint Bonaventure and St. Swithin
Breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Lunch: Avocado Tuna Sandwich
Dinner: Crockpot Italian Soup

Breakfast: Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Lunch: Garden Salad
Dinner: Turkey Meatball Subs with Caramelized Onions

Sunday:
Breakfast: Overnight Peanut Butter Banana Oats 
Lunch: Avocado Tuna Sandwich
Dinner: Leftovers!
Mexican Spaghetti Squash:


1 Large Spaghetti Squash
2 Zucchini (diced)
1 Can Corn
1 Can of Rotel
1 Can of Black Beans
Cumin, Garlic, Black pepper, Paprika and Cilantro to season as you see fit
Olive Oil
Shredded Cheddar (optional garnish)
Greek Yogurt (optional garnish)

Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Sprinkle squash with olive oil. Place on a baking pan face down.Bake spaghetti squash in the oven for 40-45 min at 375 degrees F. While the spaghetti squash is baking, combine remaining ingredients, a splash of olive oil and seasoning in a pan and cook on medium heat for 30-35min. When the spaghetti squash is done, remove it from the shell with a fork and toss the vegetable black bean mix with it or place the vegetable black bean mix on top on the spaghetti squash. Top with greek yogurt, cheese and/or extra cilantro if you like. Enjoy!


Crockpot Kielbasa Dinner:




2 links Kielbasa (sliced)
1/2 small Cabbage (sliced)
2 Yellow Onions (sliced)
1 lb red potatoes (diced)
1 lb baby carrots
Black pepper, sage, thyme and dill to taste

**I added half a bottle of Fat Tire to the recipe this time around**

This is one of the easiest crockpot recipes you'll ever make. You literally dump all the ingredients into the crock pot and set it on low for 6-8 hours! Enjoy!

Crockpot Vegetable Italian Soup:
1 onion large  (chopped)
4 carrots medium (chopped)
4 stalks celery (diced)
42 oz vegetable broth
14 oz diced tomatoes (drained)
6 oz tomato paste
1 pound frozen green beans
1 zuchinni (diced)
1 yellow squash (diced)
oregano, thyme, pepper, garlic (crushed or minced) to taste

Throw all the ingredients in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with fresh bread or a garden salad! Yummy!


Avocado Tuna and Overnight Oats Recipes can be found in my past Menu Monday post
***This is for the weekly linkup called Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie
and also with Let's Get Real**


2 comments:

  1. Such a delicious week! The Mexican spaghetti squash looks so good. I am convinced that more vegetables are the key to weight loss. I'm following Gaye's advice too and starting my goals over again for July. Thanks so much for sharing this over at Let's Get Real. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting such a fun linkup! Food is a part of everybody's everyday life so it is fun to share and find new ideas!

      Delete

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!