Wednesday, October 5, 2016

#WorthRevisit: Divine Mercy Sunday

Today is the Feast of Saint Faustina so I decided to search through the archives and find my post on Divine Mercy Sunday since Saint Faustina is most commonly known due to her correlation with the Divine Mercy picture. I will be sharing our plans for the Feast of Saint Faustina later today but until then here is my post for #WorthRevisit with Theology is a Verb and Reconciled to You.


Sunday, April 15, 2012


Divine Mercy Sunday


Today was the first time in a VERY LONG time that we missed Mass. Circumstances beyond our control but I am still sad we missed the beautiful Chaplet that is normally said after Mass on this special Feast Day, Divine Mercy Sunday. Today also ends the Divine Mercy Novena that was started on Good Friday.


To celebrate today I had the children color a black and white "Jesus I Trust in You" picture from this link here. And I explained the reason this picture is so important and what the colors of the rays coming from Jesus' side. We didn't get to discuss Sister Faustina as much as I would have liked but I think the boys understood the general concept of the day.


Squishy tried eating more crayons than actually coloring so his picture looks a little incomplete. Little Man decided to color Jesus in a rainbow of colors but did color the rays the appropriate colors. I was quite impressed!


We also created the Divine Mercy Statues from Catholic Icing! Little Man was really excited about displaying this in his room.


Little Man already loves the Chaplet for Kids and the Rosary for Kids that we say together from EWTN but we made lacing chaplets from construction paper as we said the Chaplet of Divine Mercy together. He has one more reason to be more excited to say the Chaplet now. 

For our special Divine Mercy Dinner we ate Lasagna and water :o) Very simple but incorporated the colors of red from the lasagna and blue water that poured from Jesus. 


I really liked the idea of Divine Mercy Sundaes from Catholic Icing but I only had sherbet :o) We made sundaes anyways and I think it was a perfect ending to the day. Although the day was definitely incomplete without receiving the Eucharist at Mass or the Chaplet sung afterwards it was a good day. I can't wait to receive Reconciliation this Saturday and feel Jesus' Divine Mercy once again.

Here is the completed crafts hung next to our Alleluia Banner in the Dining Room. They add a lot of Easter flair with all the bright colors don't you think?


Jesus I trust in You!

Have a blessed Divine Mercy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!