Thursday, October 27, 2016

{JEI}: All Saints' Day

Welcome to the weekly link-up recently turned Blog-Hop Just Enough Info: JEI for short. This lovely Blog-Hop is hosted by The Zelie Group and we would love for you to join us! This week we are discussing All Saints' Day! Let's get started with this week's questions:




1. How do you celebrate the All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day feasts? 

Where to begin?! There are so many things that I like to do to celebrate All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day. I have already shared some of these activities through my Seven Ways to a Have a Very Catholic Halloween. In preparation for All Saints' Day we celebrate Halloween. We dress up and do the whole "trick-or-treat" thing and we spend time together as a family watching movies and discussing what the TRUE meaning behind Halloween and All Saints' Day. 

On All Saints' Day we dress up as our favorite Saints and decorate our home altar and home accordingly. There are prayer cards, saint pictures and metals hanging from all sorts of places on this special feast day. Little Man ALWAYS dresses as Saint Dominic de Guzman. Goalie has been Saint Michael the Archangel several times but I think he wants to be Saint Joseph this year. We spend our day praying for those who gave us treats on Halloween and for the Saints' intercessions. We also enjoy some foods that we make during Liturgical celebrations in honor of our favorite Saints!


All Souls' Day is very similar. We pray for those in our families that have passed away and I am in the process of creating a "Book of the Dead" that has old family photos and other family information inside that can be brought out on this day to pray that our family members have all made it through the gates of Heaven. I began working on this several months ago but I did not complete just yet so it may not be unveiled until next year.

2. What was your favorite costume as a kid growing up? 

Honestly, I have never been a huge fan of dressing up until I became a Mommy! When I was little I was your typical princess or other dressed up little girl and I think i remember dressing up as a baby one year! Yeah that's right... I dressed up like a baby. Thinking back, I just did the bare minimum to achieve my trick-or-treat candy. 

Now is a completely different story! My boys really like me to dress up with them or face paint or something so I always try my best to impress them. I love to see those adorable smiles and hear those sweet little laughs.


3. What candy are you most likely to “test for safety” from the kiddo’s loot?

We have lived in a VERY small town for a VERY long time so we never really had to check the kids candy. We literally knew everyone handing it out and it was never a huge concern. Now we live in an area where we don't know many people and I am sure that this year will be completely different. I will be throwing out any candy that does not look tightly wrapped or that is a brand I have never heard of... just to be extra safe. I try my best to always to assume the best of people but my little boys' safety is something I do not mess around with!


Thank you for joining me for another week of Just Enough Info!

You have all week to answer this week's questions about All Saints' Day:

1. How do you celebrate the All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day feasts? 
2. What was your favorite costume as a kid growing up? 
3. What candy are you most likely to “test for safety” from the kiddo’s loot?

Next week we will be discussing Sports and Exercise:

1. What sports do your kids play?
2. What do you do for exercise? 
3. In the Mom Olympics, what would your event be?


The Zelie Group has some fun questions coming up in the next few weeks so make sure to follow us on Facebook and we would love to hear what you are interested in! What are you looking to learn about? Do you have questions about the Faith? Questions about the Liturgical Year? We want to help and learn and grow with you and your families!

Also stop by the new Page I created on my blog for new information concerning The Zelie Group. It is a work in progress but it has a good start!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in! Halloween is a real exercise in trust for me, too. Part of me wants to say, "That was fun, but you can't eat candy from strangers." I don't, though. I just check that the packaging is closed and remind her to be cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! This year will be really hard for me I'm sure but it's only one night and the kids have been prepped with guidelines so everything should be fine :)

      Delete

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!