Friday, November 4, 2016

{SQT}: No Excuses November

October was full of bumps and bruises. I fell off the health and fitness wagon hard. We had a bunch of unexpected happenings. It wasn't all bad. We enjoyed some good times too though. I haven't been able to join in Seven Quick Takes for a bit so here I am with a few highlights over the past few weeks. I will apologize in advance because October has been mushed together in my memory so I'm not sure of dates or anything right now. 

{ONE}


We bought a new car! Well we had no choice in the matter. My old vehicle my husband was using and it broke down on the interstate while he was driving home from work late at night a few weeks ago. We had to get it towed to a mechanic and we were informed that a cylinder had blown and we would need to replace the engine block to get it working again. The car itself was worth less than the cost of the work needed to get it going again so we had no choice but to cut our losses and trade it in at Carmax. Longer story, short: Here is our new car. 

{TWO}


We hit up one of the best pumpkin patches ever! Diana's Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze was so much fun! We received free pumpkins with our admissions, got lost in a corm maze, rode on a tractor and played in a pit full of corn! In addition to all the fun we were able to get TONS of great photos, buy some boy scouts badges and enjoy our first candy apple of the Autumn season.

{THREE}


We celebrated Goalie's 6th Birthday ! He had a small get together on his birthday with his friends and then the following weekend we had tons of plans to celebrate as a family. First we had Little Man's Last football game (Quick Take Five) and then headed to Diana's Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze (Quick Take Two). We also attended the Great Pumpkin Festival and had a birthday dinner at Old Chicago's! Goalie and Little Man are in love with the "fancy" root beer AKA root beer in a glass bottle served with a cherry. Goalie decorated the Pirate hat while we waited to be seated and he rocked it throughout the night. Happy Birthday Goalie!

{FOUR}


This picture is a little blurry but such is life... you get good ones and bad ones but they all can bring smiles if you are reflecting on the memory. Well, Little Man finally got his Bobcat Badge for Cub Scouts! He wasn't able to get it due to schedule conflicts during his football season. Goalie received his last month so he was excited to cheer his big brother on when he was being honored.

{FIVE}


Little Man's football season just ended. We ended on a high note too! A great win with lots of dedication and effort given by the entire team. I have been making the banners the kids' ran through before the game and we all decided it would be great for the kids to sign their names on the final banner. I think it came out super cute! In addition to looking great, this was the ONLY banner that split down the middle perfectly! All the others' tore from the hands of the adults holding it. Fall season was amazing we are already looking forward to the Spring.

{SIX}


As I stated at the beginning, I flew off the fitness wagon hard over the past month. I allowed my increased work schedule and other excuses be just that... excuses. Well this month will be No Excuses November and I have been baking some tasty healthy dinners, breakfasts and lunches. I also started running again. I will be hitting the weights sometime this week too. 

{SEVEN}


Who would I be if I didn't mention Halloween and All Saints' Day! Our whole family decided on a Star Wars theme and we rocked it on Halloween. All Saints' Day wasn't exactly as planned because Goalie refused to dress up. He was having a rough day with his sensory-ness so I didn't want to upset him more and just let him be. Little Man rocked a Saint Dominic costume again.



I think that about sums it up. I didn't want to be too much of a negative Nancy so I attempted to stick to the fun and more upbeat events over the past few weeks. I wouldn't mind a few extra prayers for all the craziness if you don't mind though. Thanks for stopping by and I am looking forward to reading about everyone else's celebrations and family fun over the past week!

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Man I could totally do with a no excuses November. I might do a No Excuses Advent? Maybe a name with more alliteration. I want to make sure I don't fall off the work out, prayer, and healthy eating band wagons which we're traveling.
    I have found a studio to take class while I'm in Texas. It's a step!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that! I need a No Excuses Advent too!! It's a constant battle to stay on track for me. Great job being prepared an planning before your trip! I end up waiting until the last second and messing up my routine lol

      Delete

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!