Monday, November 14, 2016

Menu Plan Monday: November 14- November 20


I have been attempting to get back onto the fitness train lately for No Excuses November and although it has been a struggle, I have managed to complete a water challenge with my husband so far. Now I am rearranging my schedule to get my workouts in before my day has actually started so say a few prayers I can get my body into a new routine with as little issue as possible. I am starting my Thanksgiving Planning too..especially since I have a Friendsgiving to go to this weekend! What are you making for Thanksgiving? Here's my post for Menu Plan Monday

Monday:
Pizza 

Tuesday:
Leftovers or Turkey Hot Dogs (Daddy is cooking)

Wednesday:
Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

Thursday:
Boys will Eat at Cub Scouts Meeting, Leftover Soup and Salad for me!

Friday:
Turkey Burgers (Special Request by Hubby)

Saturday:
Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans and Cranberries

Sunday: Friendsgiving!
We will be enjoying a Friendsgiving Celebration tonight and will be potluck so I will share recipes, pictures and more on this fun event later in the week!

As I promised in an earlier post, I will start to share some of the recipes I'll be using here so you can give them a try. If there are recipes you have seen throughout my Menu Plan Monday posts you would like recipes, pictures or maybe some ways to modify to fit your diet or time constrictions, please let me know! I am always up for a challenge and I love to share. This week I decided to share my recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup. I am warning you that I use this recipe most often when I find I have lots of canned items in the household so it is super simple to make. With the cool weather turning cold and snow right around the corner I will be preparing many hearty but healthy meals like this one. 

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe:

1 lb Grilled Chicken (diced)
2 (15 oz) Cans of Corn
2 (15 oz) Cans of Black Beans
1 (15 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Green Pepper (diced)
1 Onion (diced)
1 (20 oz) Container of Chicken Broth
1/8 Cup Lime Juice
Cumin, cilantro, garlic salt and pepper to taste 
Crushed Tortilla Chips (garnish)

Garnishes (optional)
Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
Avocado
Shredded Cheese

To start, Grill approximately 1 lb. of chicken. You can substitute with shredded rotisserie chicken or even canned chunk chicken (I have made this recipe with all three). Drain and Rinse the cans of Black Beans. Dump all ingredients into the crockpot except the crushed tortilla chips. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 2-4 hours. When you serve this soup you can either place the crushed tortilla chips on the bottom of the bowl and pour soup over it or sprinkle it on top with any of the other listed garnishments. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TotallyCatholic.com - Your Catholic Store!